Félix da Costa lands BMW DTM drive
6 December 2013 – Red Bull junior driver António Félix da Costa will join BMW's DTM programme for the 2014 season.
The 22-year-old Portuguese, who contested this year's Formula Renault 3.5 series, had been the favourite to join Jean-Éric Vergne at the Toro Rosso Formula 1 team, but he was beaten to the spot by Daniil Kvyat.
After the confirmation of Kvyat's promotion, Red Bull said it would do its best to help Félix da Costa secure a drive in a "professional" series.
And having tested the outgoing BMW M3 DTM at Jerez this week, he was announced as one of the manufacturer's drivers at its end-of-year party.
"It is an honour for me to drive for such a big manufacturer as BMW," said Félix da Costa.
"Switching from single-seater racing to touring cars is a new experience, but the cars are great to drive.
"The DTM is a top-class racing series and I can't wait to get stuck into this challenge."
Earlier on Friday, it was announced that Félix da Costa will serve as one of Red Bull's reserve drivers in 2014.