Baguette gives up on F1, says focus is IndyCar
1 November 2010 – Belgium's Bertrand Baguette has revealed that he has rejected the opportunity to take part in the F1 Young Driver test days in Abu Dhabi following the season finale on November 14. The 2009 World Series by Renault champion, who tested with Renault and Sauber at the end of last year, added that he is now focusing on IndyCar.
"I have received some offers to participate in the upcoming test in Abu Dhabi, but I do not care to spend our budget on a programme that I suspect will not lead to anything," Baguette told the Belga news agency. "Instead, I am focused on Indycar, where I have the feeling I can build a career.
“I do not want to spend any more of my time looking for an opening in F1, where a driver who has proved himself in the lower categories is not given a chance," he concluded.