Di Resta deserved a penalty, says Senna
10 September 2012 – Bruno Senna is adamant that Paul di Resta should have been penalised in Sunday’s Italian Grand Prix. This follows an incident at the Roggia Chicane on Lap 8, as the Force India moved across the track and the Williams took to the run-off area.
The moment occurred when battling for ninth position and at the time allowed Red Bull’s Mark Webber to pass the annoyed Senna, who could be seen shaking an arm.
“It’s pretty clear,” Senna told reporters in the paddock. “The front wing of my car was next to his - and then under braking the tyres - he squeezed me and we touched. Last week a driver (Romain Grosjean) was banned for doing something similar and today even Sebastian (Vettel) had a drive-through for squeezing Alonso off the track.
“We’ll respect the stewards’ decision but I don’t think what Paul did was right.”
Di Resta went on to finish in eighth place, with Senna stealing tenth and the final point as Daniel Ricciardo suffered problem just before the chequered flag.