I'm with HRT next year, says de la Rosa
19 September 2012 – Pedro de la Rosa has reiterated that he is remaining with HRT in 2013. The experienced Spaniard made another comeback by joining his national squad for a re-build project at the start of this year and is now excited about possibilities for the future.
Originally signed up to F1 as Campos Meta, the team became Hispania Racing for its debut campaign in 2010. Now known simply as HRT after José Ramón Carabante’s Hispania company sold it off to Thesan Capital, the outfit is effectively in another first season.
“I’ll stay here with HRT next year,” de la Rosa told Germany’s Motorsport Total.
“Last year I signed a two-year contract - otherwise it wouldn’t have made any sense. When I joined the team I wanted a two-year deal; that was one of my basic terms because I saw it as a long-term project and I am sure that next year will be better.”
For 2013, de la Rosa is expected to be joined by Dani Clos in what would be an all-Spanish line-up if the reserve driver - also from Barcelona - is promoted.
GPUpdate TV video on Wednesday:
Documentary on HRT F1 Team