© 1998-2013 GPUpdate.net
GPUpdateManager F1 Game
Other Sports Tickets
Manchester United tickets
The planned Grand Prix of America at Port Imperial has been postponed by one year, with the race being moved back until 2014. Circuit officials announced the news on Friday afternoon, a move which had been anticipated in recent weeks.
Having been listed on the final 2013 Formula 1 calendar, New Jersey was the only event subject to confirmation. With ongoing issues regarding construction in the local area, the joint decision was made to delay the event by 12 months.
"We are going to be racing at Port Imperial, unfortunately just not as soon as we hoped and expected," said Leo Hindery, Jr., promoter of the event. "We promised Governor Christie, the towns, the sport and its international fans the best possible experience, and unfortunately we need additional time to ensure that happens.
"We remain 100 percent committed to the Grand Prix of America at Port Imperial and the race could have no better partner and friend than the CEO of Formula One, Bernie Ecclestone, we benefit greatly from his experience and counsel and from his support."
Bernie Ecclestone is adamant that there will be no further problems with the date change, adding that he remains 'totally committed' to the Grand Prix.
"I remain totally committed to the Port Imperial race and its unique location and attributes, and we will continue to work closely together to realize our dream in 2014," said Ecclestone, head of F1 commercial rights holders Formula One Management. "As Leo says, we are still going to be racing at Port Imperial, now however in 2014."
|23 May||Latest F1 photos: Thursday in Monaco|
|23 May||Too early to think about pole, says Rosberg|
|23 May||Monaco GP: Full Free Practice 2 results|
|23 May||Rosberg stays fastest in second practice|
|23 May||Ricciardo: I am ready for Red Bull seat|
|23 May||Video: Bianchi previews home Grand Prix|
|23 May||Marussia and Lets Race form partnership|
|23 May||Caterham fined €1,000 for speeding offence|
|21 May||Kristensen gets steward role in Monte-Carlo|
|21 May||Single DRS zone retained for Monaco GP|
|29 Apr||Only top ten teams to receive prize money|
|21 Apr||No cockpit warning lights for Bahrain|
|10 Apr||Blundell to act as driver steward in China|
|10 Apr||Shanghai adopts two DRS zones for 2013|
|23 Mar||Still no cockpit warning lights for Sepang|
|19 Mar||Sepang adopts two DRS zones for 2013|