© 1998-2013 GPUpdate.net
GPUpdateManager F1 Game
Other Sports Tickets
Manchester United tickets
Caterham Team Principal Cyril Abiteboul has explained that the team is 'close to making a decision' over its second driver, with Charles Pic already confirmed for the 2013 campaign. The 35-year-old Frenchman, who took over from Tony Fernandes last month, says there are two routes the outfit can take with its driver line-up approach.
"There are different options," Abiteboul told the official Formula 1 website. "One option is someone who he (Pic) can learn from and who he can use as his benchmark for what we want from both our drivers.
"Another option, more radical, is to accept the fact that 2013 is a transition year that we use to continue building the team before a period of greater stability in 2014, when a lot of other things in the package will change. Both types of candidates are out there, and we are close to making a decision."
Vitaly Petrov, whose sponsor Russian Helicopters visited Caterham's factory last week, Heikki Kovalainen and Giedo van der Garde are all in the running for the seat.
Get your official Formula 1 tickets at Sportstadium.com
|17 May||Video: Caterham's Spanish GP review|
|13 May||Video of the Day: Van der Garde loses wheel|
|12 May||Caterham fined €10,000 for loose wheel|
|5 May||Kovalainen: Caterham will beat Marussia|
|30 Apr||Rossi to get practice run in Canada|
|29 Mar||Video: Abiteboul pleased with season start|
|1 Feb||Official: Van der Garde to drive for Caterham|
|17 Dec '12||Caterham 'close' to naming second driver|
|8 Nov '12||Abiteboul replaces Fernandes as Caterham Team Principal|
|25 Oct '12||Caterham names van der Garde and Rossi for test|
|22 May||Latest F1 photos: Wednesday in Monaco|
|22 May||Hamilton, Sutil relationship remains frosty|
|22 May||Sutil: We need the final piece of the puzzle|
|22 May||Hamilton certain of progress with tyres|
|22 May||Photos: Charity football match in Monaco|
|More Cyril Abiteboul photos|