Hülkenberg: I've made the right decision
22 February 2013 – After his initial testing experiences with Sauber, Nico Hülkenberg remains confident that he has chosen wisely by switching from rivals Force India for the 2013 campaign. The German, who finished second fastest to Ferrari's Fernando Alonso at the Circuit de Catalunya on Thursday, says he currently holds no regrets over his decision.
"I am happy with where I am - bearing in mind of course that I’ve only done two tests so far and the season hasn’t begun yet," Hülkenberg told the official Formula 1 website. "Ask me after a few races - then it is much easier to answer that question.
"What I can speak about right here, right now is my own personal feeling: I am confident that I’ve made the right decision. That is good enough for me."
Moving on to discuss the performance of his new car, Hülkenberg says although it is pleasant to drive, no predictions can be made about Sauber's current position.
"I am happy with what I feel so far and how the car handles, bearing in mind that there is always room for improvement," the 25-year-old commented. "Having said that, I have no idea where this will place us in the current pecking order.
"Winter testing is simply something completely different from a race weekend: now everybody is running his own program trying to figure out how the car works and how the car works together with different tyre compounds and different fuel loads."