Mercedes tops mileage charts in Barcelona
5 March 2013 – Mercedes backed up its pace-setting form at the final Barcelona test by completing the most amount of mileage, with drivers Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton racking up 481 laps over the course of the four-day gathering. The Silver Arrows rose above the 2000 kilometre barrier to comfortably lead closest rivals Ferrari.
Behind the top two teams, both averaging more than 100 laps a day, McLaren enjoyed its most productive week of the year to claim third, while Sauber again featured near the top of the standings. A little further back, Caterham led Force India and key rivals Marussia, with Toro Rosso, Red Bull and Williams completing the top ten. Technical troubles and Kimi Räikkönen's illness left Lotus resigned to the bottom of the order.
Pos. Team / Laps / Kilometres / Miles
1. Mercedes / 481 laps / 2239.055 km / 1391.284 mi
2. Ferrari / 428 laps / 1992.340 km / 1237.982 mi
3. McLaren / 395 laps / 1838.725 km / 1142.530 mi
4. Sauber / 388 laps / 1806.140 km / 1122.283 mi
5. Caterham / 373 laps / 1736.315 km / 1078.896 mi
6. Force India / 340 laps / 1582.700 km / 983.444 mi
7. Marussia / 338 laps / 1573.390 km / 977.659 mi
8. Toro Rosso / 325 laps / 1512.875 km / 940.056 mi
9. Red Bull / 314 laps / 1461.670 km / 908.239 mi
10. Williams / 298 laps / 1387.190 km / 861.959 mi
11. Lotus / 252 laps / 1173.060 km / 728.905 mi
Stay tuned to GPUpdate.net for a combined pre-season mileage review, taking a look back at the opening Jerez test and the final two gatherings in Barcelona