Force India considering all driver options
8 October 2013 – Force India boss Vijay Mallya has said his team is considering all available driver options for next season.
Paul di Resta and Adrian Sutil currently drive for the Silverstone-based outfit, and while Mallya said this represents a ‘competitive pairing’, he added that no 2014 announcement is likely before the end of this month.
“We are considering all available options and we never take these decisions in haste,” Mallya confirmed ahead of this weekend's Japanese Grand Prix.
“We have a competitive pairing at the moment, but we will sit down with the team management and discuss the way forward for next year. It’s unlikely we will make any decisions before the Indian Grand Prix in any case.”
Meanwhile after a disappointing race in Korea – both drivers’ retired – Mallya added he is hoping the team will have more luck this Sunday.
“It was a very difficult race [in Yeongam] and we certainly didn't get the reward our race pace deserved,” Mallya noted. “We are making small steps forward on the one-lap pace and working hard to recapture the race pace we showed earlier in the season. Unfortunately, we can’t convert our performance into points. In Korea we could have had one or two cars in the battle for points that developed at the end of the race.”
“The final five races offer some very different challenges now. Some tracks will suit us more than others, but it’s vital that we get back to scoring regular points to secure our position in the championship,” he continued. “Suzuka is a big challenge for us, but it’s important we keep our heads up and try to put the disappointment of Korea behind us.”