Vettel on Personality of the Year shortlist
20 November 2013 – Four-time F1 world champion Sebastian Vettel has been named as one of the ten candidates for the inaugural FIA Personality of the Year award.
Red Bull’s chief technical officer, Adrian Newey and Sauber CEO, Monisha Kaltenborn also made the list, as did former F1 winner, Robert Kubica, who this year won the WRC2 title.
In total 80 names were put forward, with all permanently accredited media present at FIA World Championship events throughout 2013 having been asked to select their top three motor sport personalities of the year.
The ten names listed the most were, in alphabetical order:
- Jost Capito (Head of Volkswagen Motorsport);
- Eduardo Freitas (FIA World Endurance Championship, Race Director);
- Monisha Kaltenborn (Sauber Formula One Team, Chief Executive Officer);
- Tom Kristensen (2013 FIA World Endurance Championship Winner);
- Robert Kubica (2013 FIA World Rally Championship 2 Winner);
- Sébastien Loeb (9-times FIA World Rally Championship Winner);
- Yvan Muller (2013 FIA World Touring Car Championship Winner);
- Adrian Newey (Red Bull Racing Formula One Team, Chief Technical Officer);
- Sébastien Ogier (2013 FIA World Rally Championship Winner);
- [and] Sebastian Vettel (2013 FIA Formula One World Championship Winner).
The second phase of voting now runs until December 4. During that period, the accredited media will have the opportunity to choose one person from the top ten. The winner will then be revealed at the FIA’s Annual Prize-Giving Ceremony on Friday December 6.