Brawn to rest for six to 12 months
3 December 2013 – Ross Brawn says he will not make a decision over his Formula 1 future until at least the summer of 2014, as he prepares to "reflect" on his latest stint in the sport.
The Briton, 59, announced last week that he would be departing his role as Mercedes Team Principal at the end of the year, with Executive Directors Toto Wolff and Paddy Lowe leading the squad forward.
Although he has been linked with a host of rival outfits, Brawn made clear that he is in no rush to decide whether or not he will take up a new Formula 1-based role.
"I will see how things pan out in the next six to 12 months," explained Brawn, who had been an integral member of the Brackley-based outfit through various guises since the end of 2007.
"I will take some time off now and reflect on things, see if the juices start flowing again and next summer make a decision if there are any opportunities or there are things I want to do or people offer me things to do."
Discussing the reasons behind his exit, Brawn added: "I just had a view on how things should be done and a slightly different view to some other members of management. I think for me it was coming to the end of a period anyway."
Niki Lauda, Mercedes' Non-Executive Chairman, is certain that Brawn will make a comeback, but it not sure if it will be with a team or governing body the FIA.
"He says he wants a rest, so it's very simple," said Lauda, "I think he will not go [into retirement], this is clear. I think he will come back, maybe with the FIA or whatever he likes to do."
Brawn will officially leave Mercedes on December 31 and is to be involved in the handover.