Official: Hülkenberg returns to Force India
3 December 2013 – Nico Hülkenberg will return to Force India from the 2014 Formula 1 campaign. The German, 26, confirmed a "multi-year" agreement with the Silverstone-based outfit on Tuesday afternoon.
Having spent just one term at Sauber, Hülkenberg reunites with a team he previously represented for two seasons; as a reserve driver in 2011 and a race driver in 2012.
Speaking of his new deal, Hülkenberg said: "I am happy to come back to Sahara Force India. The team is aiming high for next year and I believe that the experience I have gained over the years will help us achieve those goals.
"I genuinely believe we can have a competitive package in 2014. I've heard a lot of positive things about the Mercedes engine as well, so I think there is a lot to be excited about for next year.
"I know this team and I can see their determination; it's a great bunch of people and we all share the same hunger for success."
Vijay Mallya spoke of his delight after securing the services of Hülkenberg once more.
"When he drove for us in 2012, it became clear Nico was an exceptional talent and he has continued to impress everyone in the paddock with his strong performances this season," said Mallya.
"Having Nico in our line-up is a real statement of intent and a huge boost for everyone associated with the team. We have high hopes and expectations for 2014 and by signing Nico we have put ourselves in the best position to achieve those objectives and enjoy what could be our most competitive season yet."
Force India added that the remainder of its 2014 line-up will be named "in due course". McLaren reject Sergio Pérez has been tipped to take the vacant seat alongside Hülkenberg.