Gutiérrez expects reserve role in 2015
20 November 2014 – Esteban Gutiérrez says he expects to take on a reserve driver role next season, after losing his Sauber race seat.
Gutiérrez and Adrian Sutil have both been dropped by the Swiss outfit for 2015, with Marcus Ericsson moving over from Caterham and Felipe Nasr stepping up from GP2.
Having alluded to "several alternatives" earlier this month, Gutiérrez says he now has three firm plans to evaluate in the coming weeks.
"I have a Plan A, B and C in Formula 1 so I can choose between them," Gutiérrez told reporters in Abu Dhabi, including GPUpdate.net. "I have to wait maybe two more weeks to know.
"My priority is to stay in Formula 1 as I'm convinced that if I'm in a better position to prove myself and show my capabilities I can be in a good position.
"I'm looking to be a reserve or test in a good team, a top team, then with a plan for the future."
Gutiérrez says one of the offers would involve taking part in Friday practice sessions next year.
"An option I have includes that, and some other interesting things," the Mexican explained. "I can be quite sure you will see me around here!"