SFI to 'take more risks' with fourth secure
7 November 2017 – Force India boss Vijay Mallya says the team will "take more risks" over the final two rounds of the campaign, after securing fourth in the Constructors' standings.
Esteban Ocon and Sergio Pérez combined to record Force India's 15th double points finish from the 18 events so far this season at the recent Mexican Grand Prix.
As a result, it holds an insurmountable 99-point advantage over fifth-placed Williams, and has broken its record points tally, from 2016, having amassed 175 points.
"To have confirmed fourth place in the Constructors' Championship for the second consecutive year is a wonderful achievement," commented Mallya.
"I'm incredibly proud of the entire team and delighted we have done so with two races in hand.
"It's already been our strongest season yet in terms of points scored and we are just 25 shy of the 200 points mark – it shows how consistent we have been all year."
On what Force India could do differently in Brazil and Abu Dhabi, he said: "We have the freedom to take a new approach – perhaps by trying some different things or different Friday drivers in the car to see what we can learn for next year.
"We can also be more aggressive with strategies and take more risks.
"We're still hungry for strong results and want to end the season on a high note."
Pérez recently called for Force India chiefs to let him and Ocon race freely again, following a spate of incidents earlier in the season, which led to team orders being imposed.