Race 1 in Toronto called after lengthy rain delay
19 July 2014 – The first race of the double-header weekend in Toronto has been cancelled due to unfavourable conditions.
The race was originally scheduled to start at 15:45 local time (GMT -5), but after two separate red flag periods and several attempts at starting the race behind the pace car, IndyCar officials have taken the decision not to run the 85-lap race today.
No official schedule for the weekend has been released by the series, but with more rain in the forecast, two races as well as another qualifying session and several other support series events must now be rescheduled.
An updated timeframe should be released shortly, but it is presently unclear if the first race of the double-header will be made up in its entirety, run as an abbreviated event or combined with tomorrow's race.